Credit Scoring FinTech : The sample online credit application using WCF services and multi-platform client technology
This article is related to overview and sample practical usage of financial technology or FinTech. It divides FinTech to 3 groups, enhancement of traditional financial services, innovative financial tools and services and algorithm related for executive support services. To have a real touch of FinTech, this article offers sample basic program of online credit application processing based on Credit Scoring concept. This program is 2 tier application. Both client and server software are written in C#. Server is responsible for business logic and is written based on WCF services which is the enhancement from open standard Web services architecture. There are 2 platforms of sample client. One is written as windows application while another is created as web application. This article is useful for staff from both financial and information technology section.
2. Laroche-Gray M. Growth in fintech investment fastest in European market, according to accenture study. Accenture [Internet]. 2015 [cited 2016 Jun 8]. Available from: https://newsroom.accenture.com/industries/financial-services/growth-in-fintech-investment-fastest-in-european-market-according-to-accenture-study.htm
3. Chantarasathaporn K, Ngammongkolwong S, Rattanaparinyanukool K. FinTech in enhancing traditional financial services with web services and multi-platform clients. Bus Rev. 2016;8(2):199-218.
4. Einav L, Jenkins M, Levin J. The impact of Credit Scoring on consumer lending. RAND J Econ [Internet]. 2013 [cited 2016 Aug 15]. Available from: http://web.stanford.edu/~jdlevin/Papers/CreditScoring.pdf
5. Yu P. The next big deal at Wharton: FinTech. Wharton magazine [Internet]. 2015 [cited 2016 Aug 26]. Available from: https://beacon.wharton.upenn.edu/entrepreneurship/2015/07/the-next-big-deal-at-wharton-fintech/
6. Srivastava A. 2 billion smartphone users by 2015 : 83% of internet usage from mobiles [study]. Dazeinfo Inc. [Internet]. 2014 [cited 2016 Jun 8]. Available from: http://dazeinfo.com/2014/01/23/smartphone-users-growth-mobile-internet-2014-2017/
7. Nakamoto S. Bitcoin: a peer-to-peer electronic cash system. WwwBitcoinOrg [Internet]. 2008 [cited 2016 July 16]. Available from: https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
8. TransferWise. How does TransferWise work and is it safe?. Telegraph Media Group Limited [Internet]. 2015 [cited 2016 Aug 13]. Available from: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/transferwise/how-does-it-work-and-is-it-safe/
9. Microsoft developer network. Comparing ASP.NET Web services to WCF based on development. [Internet]. 2016 [cited 2016 Sep 10]. Available from: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa738737(v=vs.110).aspx
10. Gestel T , Baesens B. Credit risk management: basic concepts financial risk components, rating analysis, models, economic and regulatory capital. Oxford: Oxford University Press; 2009.
11. Durand D. Credit-rating formulae. In: risk elements in consumer instalment financing. The National Bureau of Economic Research [Internet]. 1941 [cited 2016 Sep 15]. Available from: http://www.nber.org/chapters/c9265
12. Durand D. Findings of risk factor studies. In: risk elements in consumer instalment financing. The National Bureau of Economic Research [Internet]. 1941 [cited 2016 Sep 15]. Available from: http://www.nber.org/chapters/c9264